Monday 29 August 2011

Letter to my 10 Years Older Self

So we've all read the Letters To My 16 Year Old Self, but writing to them is a little late don't you think? What would you say to yourself if you could see you in 10 years time? What are all your hopes and dreams for the future, that you'd not want yourself to forget? What little piece of yourself would you want to keep with you throughout the next ten years, and what piece would you want to change? Give it a go - I bet it'll be tougher than you first thought!


Dearest Amy,


I hope that this letter finds you well, and that you have aged gracefully. I know that you're only 30 right now, but I'm only 20 and so to me 30 still seems a little bit old. I hope you don't feel old though, because if you feel old in your mind, then you really will become it. Just remember how much fun we had when we were my age, because 30 isn't too old to still have fun!


Anyway, I hope you finally learn what it means to be beautiful. I hope you've realised that beauty isn't just on the outside, and you don't need people to tell you you're beautiful in order to be it. Please know that beauty comes from within, and that if you work hard at being a good person, the results will last much longer than anything you could get done at a beauty salon.


I wonder whether you have had children yet. I wonder if you are married. I hope that you've fallen in love at least once, and if more than that I hope your heart hasn't been broken too hard. I wish you could tell me all about it, love, and explain to me how fantastic it is. I'm sure it is.


I hope by now you've set out on our correct path and found something we both love to do for a living. I don't care what it is, so long as we enjoy it, and preferably make a bit of money out of it! I bet you've ended up doing something really messy. Like being a farmer or something. And I bet you adore it. Anyway, if you don't you've still got plenty of time to find something new. Don't forget that - nothing is ever set in stone.


Anyway, you're probably busy feeding pigs or children or husbands or something. I hope you're still baking things, and with a little more skill than you do now!


All my love, and good luck.
Your 10 years younger self
xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment