Friday 5 July 2013

Review: Blue Lagoon Bungalows, Koh Chang, Thailand


I think I may have found paradise, and luckily enough it came cheap.

As you may or may not know, I whisked myself off to Thailand for a two week adventure which began on the beautiful island of Koh Chang. It was only fitting then, that I found accommodation that was similarly beautiful and certainly I knew my research had paid off when I stumbled across this gem.


Judging by its rave reviews on TripAdvisor I already had a pretty good idea of what to expect from this place - basic, but cute. It was low season when I was staying here, so the place was really quiet which was great. Located in the Klong Phrao beach area of the island, the Blue Lagoon resort is a collection of bungalows with varying rates and facilities. The sun shone strong and bright on mine, and my own private patio provided a tranquil, shady spot to while away the hours. I went for a lagoon-side bungalow with air-conditioning which was well worth the extra 200Bhat per night! These bungalows come with an en-suite wetroom, private patio and  hammock, and are tastefully decorated with hand-painted designs on the walls and lovely curtains over the glass doors. These curtains were never actually closed in my bungalow however, as I wanted to make the most of that view every morning!





As a lone traveller this bungalow was great, but I can imagine that it would also be the perfect place for a couple to while away a week or so. The location is totally romantic, and is only a short walk away from one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. It's a fun journey over the lagoon via a home made raft bridge that takes you over to the seafront where there are plenty of beach bars and restaurants with friendly locals who run them. The greatest bit about the beach though is the complete lack of noisy nightlife and backpacking tourists. It seems like Klong Phrao beach is one of the last untouched spots in Thailand!

There is also a cooking school and restaurant here which is supposed to be one of the very best on the island. I ate in there on one of my nights and I have to say the food was delicious, but I was put off by the lack of people eating there throughout my stay. I'm sure during peak seasons the place is packed, but during the low season people tend to flock to the beach to enjoy the tranquility of dining beside the waves.

I could recommend this place highly enough and at only 800Bhat per night during low season for a deluxe, air-conditioned lagoon view bungalow you can't go far wrong!

Find more information at www.bluelagoon-kohchang.com and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment